The first few bites of a fresh pretzel straight out of the oven is hard to replicate. But what do you want to do if you want to recreate that taste with older pretzels? Whether you stored your pretzels in the freezer or kept them in the breadbox, you can reheat your soft pretzels to achieve that straight-out-of-the-oven taste. Here’s how:
Using the microwave
The microwave will be the easiest and quickest way to reheat your soft pretzels. However, you run the risk of it hardening and drying out. But this can be avoided. Just follow the below steps to get a delicious pretzel right out of your microwave:
- Place your pretzels on a microwave-safe plate
- Lay a damp paper towel over your pretzel
- Place it in the microwave for 15 seconds and then check to see how warm your pretzel is
- If it’s not warm enough, cook it for another 15 seconds
- Allow your pretzel to cool for a few minutes and then enjoy!
Using the oven
The oven is not as quick or convenient as the microwave. Nevertheless, your oven will give you a better tasting pretzel than your microwave. That’s because there’s less of a risk of it hardening or drying out. If you’re reheating your pretzel in the oven, follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Drizzle a small amount of water over the pretzel so that the pretzel is moist but not soggy
- Wrap your pretzel in aluminum foil and place it in the oven for five minutes. If you want a crispier exterior, leave the aluminum foil off and just place the pretzel directly on the middle rack of your oven
- If your pretzel is still not warm enough after five minutes, leave it in for another minute or two and then check again
- Remove from oven and let your pretzel cool for a few minutes
If reheated pretzels aren’t satisfying your pretzel-craving, then order some homemade pretzels at Uncle Henry’s Pretzels today!